InterConsultationâ„¢ is a patented analytical process developed by Best Doctors founders at Harvard Medical School. It was created to provide a higher degree of diagnostic and treatment accuracy.
- You make a confidential call to Best Doctors. A medical team member becomes your Member Advocate and assumes personal responsibility for your case.
- Best Doctors collects your medical records, imaging studies and pathology samples (which are retested).
- Best Doctors internal doctor conducts an in-depth analysis of your case and creates a clinical summary.
- Your case is matched to the most appropriate medical expert, who reviews the clinical summary plus all your records, images and pathology.
- The Best Doctors expert issues a detailed, confidential report with diagnostic and treatment recommendations.
- The expertâ€™s report is reviewed by Best Doctors.
- Best Doctors shares the report with you and your treating doctor (with your consent).
- Best Doctors follows up to see if you need any other help.
If your expert report discusses an overseas treatment option, our FindBestCareÂ® service can assist in your arrangements.